Sunday, December 12, 2010

Meal # 46 Exploding Pyrex Dish


Yesterday I was in a baking mood and started on a new recipe from a favorite Bed and Breakfast cookbook featuring all the New England's favorite B and B's recipes. I was taking my beautiful blueberry gingerbread out of the oven and I set it on the stove burner to cool. Next, I started cleaning my cast iron griddle. I always dry it on a burner so I set it behind the cooling Pyrex dish and turned the burner on High. I then proceeded to walk away and clean the bathroom. I had just walked out of the bedroom when I heard the loudest explosion of my life. Which I am sure is nothing compared to what they are hearing in the Middle East but still...I saw my husband's face (he was a safe distance away) He yelled that my dish had exploded! I turned and looked and sho' nouf' glass shattered everywhere. Including about 10 feet away on the carpet. You have probably already figured out that I turned the wrong burner on and was putting concentrated heat onto my glass dish. It was sad to see it go. I also insisted on trying a little of the blueberry gingerbread to see if I would go to the trouble in making another one. My husband did not think this was a good idea because of some embedding glass poking out of the bread. But I am a die hard chef and we must always taste our creations..."glass or no glass" I hollered, "I must see!" I choose very carefully and tasted. It was good. So my cooking skills are increasing but my errors are still killing me.

Anybody have an extra 9 X 9 glass pan?

Tiffany

PS. I got this picture from http://qwickstep.com/search/pyrex-dish.html
because I forgot to take a picture.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering why the gingerbread was yellow! You are too funny.

    ReplyDelete